Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lesson 1: Keep your receipts!!!

I've NEVER been good at keeping up with my receipts. However, since becoming addicted to this coupon bargain hunt game, I've been keeping them all. Why do you ask, well there are a few reasons. You never know when another rebate will come up, either cash back if you buy participating items between so and so dates, or a rebate for a coupon book - which I need to send off for! Another reason, is because... well... I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I like looking at how much I saved, over and over again! Don't laugh, okay okay, you can if you would like.

The main reason to keep your receipts besides the obvious of taking something back without a hassle, is they may come up on sale within your 90 days!! This just happened to me.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I were shopping for Easter basket stuff for our children. We came across Madagascar and Madagascar 2 on sale at Target for $9.99 ea. So we got them to fill the Easter basket, because they love movies, and we can never have enough.
DSC_0049

Well guess what?! This week the same movies are on sale for $6.99. So I found my receipt that I kept (woo hoo), and drove to Target. I got $6.50 back and I did this deal.
DSC_0050
- Snow White on sale for $13.99 (used a $3/1 Disney movie Target.com coupon) = $10.99
- 4 Cream of Campbell's soups on sale for 4 for $3 (used a $1/3 coupon) = $2.00
- Right Guard deodorant on sale for $3.00 (used a $1.50/1 coupon) = $ 1.50
Total was $15.31 with taxes
Paid them $6 in cash that I got back from Madagascar movies
Paid $9.31

Not my best deal, but not so shabby because the Snow White movie is usually $19.99! My point in this post is to always keep your receipts until it's too late to take something back. If it goes on sale and it's not used, then take it back, and get the sales price!

No comments:

Post a Comment