Friday, April 2, 2010

Sticking to a Budget

That is what I need to do! So this little obsession of mine has not been a good thing on my wallet or rather my bank account. Yes, I am saving money, or am I really? I've been getting so many deals, and it is ALL stuff that I'll use. However, I have to put a limit on my bargain shopping, and I have to pay cash! We HAVE to do the cash system or we'll never get out of debt! So I haven't shopped for a couple of days. I have to put things into perspective. I am going to make a few rules.

* Shop ONLY with cash
* Shop mostly for food
* I am stocked up on tooth paste and tooth brushes, but if they are FREE I am snagging them. I mean really do they have a shelf life?

Alright, so I am kind of bummed right now, so I just wanted to tell you all why I haven't been blogging my awesome deals. I haven't gone anywhere :). Oh and one more rule. I want to try to limit my shopping trips to a few days a week, I mean really do I need to go into town almost EVERY.SINGLE.DAY? No, I do not!

With the budget, I have one made, and we must stick to it. WE must use the cash/envelope system for all of the categories we designated for the cash! Wish us luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. We use the envelope system in my home as well. It has really helped my grocery budget... that and menu planning. Menu planning can help you to cut out your shopping trips also. I also implement no spending days each month. I do around 15 or so. Hope some of this helps if you have any questions just ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal!! I just started with the cash for groceries this past check, and it helped A LOT! I still have like 40 bucks left over, and I shouldn't need anything else! :)

    ReplyDelete